> On May 20, 2018, at 1:55 AM, Jon LaBadie <j...@jgcomp.com> wrote:
>
> I have one system that will be down for an unknown time.
>
> How best to stop amanda from trying, and failing, to
> back up the DLEs of that system.  Is it as simple as
> commenting out the DLEs?  Then if I do need to recover,
> or it comes back on line, uncomment the entries?
>
> Alternatively, is there some disktype entry that says
> basically "never backup this DLE unless forced with
> amadmin".
>
> Jon
> --
> Jon H. LaBadie                 j...@jgcomp.com
> 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)
> Reston, VA  20190              (703) 935-6720 (C)

I too find it easiest to just comment out the DLEs.
Changing “strategy” to skip is more work.

I do set up a separate cronjob to PING the node
once a day, so I get an email notice when it comes back up.
(And every previous day saying that it is NOT up yet.)
I’m not the node owner, just the backup, so I’m not involved in
getting the node back up.
This works nicely for me.

Deb Baddorf
Fermilab