First a snip/paste of my 3 new del's as I try to split a big one up:
line entry
28 coyote /home/gene/PublicA/ Publicag {
29      comp-coyote-tar
30      include "./[a-g]*"
31      exclude "./[h-z]*"
32      } 1 local
33
34 coyote /home/gene/PublicA/ Publichm {
35      comp-coyote-tar
36      exclude "./[a-g]*"
37      include "./[h-m]*"
38      exclude "./[n-z]*"
39      } 1 local
40
41 coyote /home/gene/PublicA/ Publicnz {
42      comp-coyote-tar
43      exclude "./[a-m]*"
44      include "./[n-z]*"
45      } 1 local
46

Then the amcheck output:
amanda@coyote:/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily$ /usr/local/sbin/amcheck Daily
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/disklist", line 34: duplicate disk record,
previous on line 28
"/usr/local/etc/amanda/Daily/disklist", line 34: read of custom dumptype
failed
ERROR: errors processing config file

And the line that did do PublicA
#coyote /home/gene/PublicA              comp-coyote-tar 1       local

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks all.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett