On 11/26/18 4:37 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 26 November 2018 15:13:43 Chris Nighswonger wrote:

On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 2:32 PM Nathan Stratton Treadway

<natha...@ontko.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 13:56:52 -0500, Austin S. Hemmelgarn wrote:
On 2018-11-26 13:34, Chris Nighswonger wrote:
The other possibility that comes to mind is that your bandwidth
settings are making Amanda decide to limit to one dumper at a
time.
Chris, this is certainly the first thing to look at: note in your

amstatus output the line "network free kps: 0":
9 dumpers idle  : 0
taper status: Idle
taper qlen: 1
network free kps:         0
holding space   : 436635431k ( 50.26%)
Hmm... I missed that completely. I'll set it arbitrarily high as
Austin suggested and test it overnight.
I was told once, a decade or more back up the log, that amanda made no
use of that setting. It just used what it needed or whatever the
hardware supported.

When did it become an actively used setting?

Copyright 2018 by Maurice E. Heskett

My understanding was that Amanda cannot throttle the throughput, but it can see what it is. If it is at or over the limit, it won't start another dump. So, you can end up over the limit that you have specified for periods of time, but it won't just continue increasing without respect for the limit.

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
   O__  ---- Systems Administrator
  c/ /'_ --- Biology & Geosciences Departments
 (*) \(*) -- 315 Morrill Science Center

<hoogen...@bio.umass.edu>

Erdös 4