On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 19:58:30 -0400, Nathan Stratton Treadway wrote:
> On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 17:24:47 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > So in order to keep it a little closer together, I used that exact
> > path in gh.cf, and a rebuild is in progress.  There is I believe a
>
> Just to make sure we're on the same page, please post here the actual
> version of the gh.cf you are using for your current build....

[...]

> What do
>   # grep amanda /etc/passwd /etc/group
> and
>   # grep backup /etc/passwd /etc/group
> show on that box?

(Posted in another thread: "Well I am down to 2 errors from amcheck")

Gene,  don't post your updates to another thread!  It's already hard
enough to keep track of the current status of things just within this
one...

>From the details in that post, it looks even more like you are not being
consistent in the group you are using.

For the past many years you have had Amanda running using the "disk"
group.  Are you actively trying to change that now (to use "backup"
instead)?

(Personally I wouldn't recommend changing that at this point, since it
adds to the complexity of your current efforts -- though in the long run
it should be possible to get either one to work.)

Anyway, please let me know which group you are intending to be using
now, and post build script and user info as mentioned above...

                                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239