Michael Scheidell wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Elijah Savage
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 1:19 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [AMaViS-user] FreeBSD 5.3 Amavisd-new port crashing on me

I also thought it would be more related to because perl 5.8.7 seem to get installed when amavisd-new 2.3.3 was being installed by the port.

Its because you didn't just do a portupgrade, you must have specified
one of the -r or -R options which would rebuild recursivly dependencies.

Since I have been accused of FUD when I stated there was a workaround
for this issue, just search the archives, there are at least two
diferent ways to fix this.

I read the UPDATING file and I ran the perl-after-update which I thought would take care of this problem but it seemed to do nothing for me. I did not run a portupgrade on the port I cvs'd the new ports tree then I just did a make deinstall & make reinstall.