At 12:23 PM 3/16/2006, Dustin Humm wrote:
This would be true if our server was directly attached to or hosted all the mailboxes for the protected domains...we, however, are only using this solution as a gateway for incoming mail for all the domains we protect...which postfix then forwards (after filtering, etc.) to the
'real' mail host for the particular domain...

As a result, settings regarding $mynetworks really won't help in this
situation...unless I am missing something (large!)...

You don't have to use mynetworks as long as you have some way to determine which are know clients and which aren't. A list of IP ranges of your clients or the IPs of their real mail servers will do nicely. Mail with an internal sender domain that arrives from an authorized client (which can be mynetworks, sasl authenticated, or a list of the real mail server IPs) is allowed. Mail with an internal sender domain that arrives from anywhere else is rejected. Simple enough.

--
Noel Jones