Adam,

> I look forward to 2.4.1 then.  Thanks for the information.

The 2.4.1-rc1 is out.

> One reason this is not ideal for me is because when a spammer hits the
> from address and they send an email to multiple people on a server then
> their whitelist score gets boosted really high which offsets the whole
> idea of soft whitelist for me.
>
> It would be nice if the score_sender_maps had an entry for an IP or
> hostname to limit what sending systems will match the score_sender_map
> entry.  This would be very handy as I know where most of the entries
> will be sending emails from and could keep spammers from using that
> email.  Has this been discussed before?

My plan is to extend the lookup_ip_acl to be able to return information
(like policy bank name) associated with an IP address or CIDR network specs
(and not just boolean match/nomatch as now), which will make it possible to
associate different policy banks with different client IP addresses - similar
to what MYNETS does currently, but more flexible. Other needed mechanisms
are already in place, score_sender_maps can be configured per policy bank.

It is possible to achieve something like this with existing mechanisms,
provided that not too many IP networks need different treatment each:
Postfix can use FILTER to associate content filters on different ports
with client CIDR maps, making it possible for amavisd-new to switch
policy banks based on that.