Hi,
This trouble is driving me crazy: I'm working on a system (fedora Core 4)
where I installed everything is possible for an ISP: (postfix, courier-imap,
sqwebmail, apache, pureFtpd, .. and so on) I tested for 2 weeks and
everything went fine (also with postfix & amavisd.new). Now I'm doing a
cluster: 2 systems with same software installed.
At a certain postfix apparently was not able to send email anymore. After
disabling content_filter directive in postfix mail were delivered
succeffully. So I started to think to amavisd-new. I enabled debug level 5,
but got nothing: the strange thing is that that also if I try to telnet to
127.0.0.1:10024 I get a connection, but with no prompt and amavisd seems to
hang. It seems to start and kill 2 process rapidly and continue to infinite.
If I give ps -aux I get [amavis] <defunct> for child processes.
And nothing is logged. The strange thing is that all was working before
starting to transform the server in a cluster!
may some one help, please?

PS: the only thing I really have changed is that I have a hostname with 2 IP
address (they are 2 machines, obviously), and I have moved some dirs (and
symlinked to their original locations) in order to have it on a partition
synched by drbd.