> But for your suggestions: you have put me on the right way: the 2 servers
> (one cluster) have to replace our existing server.
> I tried to unplug :O) the cable that connected the cluster to our switch.
> Amavis started to work properly.
> It seems that amavis have been tricked by our "official" DNS server. Don't
> know how exactily this could be: /etc/resolv.conf contains only 127.0.0.1
> as
> DNS,  so each server of the cluster should query itself.
>
> Try using the IP address of each respective server rather than 127.0.0.1

Gary, ...
Well, one of the two servers is OK, so we did it. The other one instead
persit:
I set up Loglevel = 5 , DO_SYSLOG=1, got lots of output until the main
process has loaded.
I have no prompt at telnet, no log on syslog. In noticed that if I uncomment
the directive to disable spam processing
amavisd loads properly and I am able to telnet on it. So I think it could be
something related to the spam part.

the strange thing is that both servers (Fedora core 4) have been installed
with the same RPM packages
I have reinstalled more times amavisd-new, spamassassin and pyzor. Compared
configuration files with the ones of the working server,
but got nothing

Have you any other suggestions?

Thanks

Marco