I am not familiar with the network tests.  Razor or URIBL.  Are they
straightforward to setup?  What are they're puposes?

Bryan

Bowie Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
07/24/2006 03:49 PM

amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Subject
Re: [AMaViS-user] SpamAssissin levels seem too low

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have a system running on Fedora Core 3, Postfix, Amavisd and Spam
> Assissin.
>
> It took me a while to figure out how to get the spam headers into
> incoming email.  It turned out I had to include the domains in the
> amavisd.conf file in these parameters: local_domains_maps and
> local_domains_acl.  I was looking for some confirmation that this
> was indeed what I was supposed to do.

That is correct.  Amavis only tags local mail, so you have to tell it
which domains are local.

> Now I am finding that they spam scores being given emails are often
> quite low, at least they are lower then I would expect.  I have seen
> emails that are very clearly spam emails based on content that are
> receiving spam scores of 2 or 2.5.

Are you running the network tests?  Razor2?  URIBL?

These tests can make a big difference.

> I was just wondering what most people use as a standard for
> sa_tag2_level_deflt that works well for them.
>
> Or is there somewhere else I should tweak these settings.
>
> I'm just worried about setting that sa_tag2_level_deflt too low and
> have legit email dumped.

With a normall SA install running the net tests, you should be fairly
safe with the default settings.  I would worry much more about the
kill level than the tag levels.

Of course, I don't use Amavis to run SA myself, so I can't give you a
definitive answer here.

--
Bowie