Giampaolo,

> Nonono. I don't want banned messages which are also spam. Messages from
> friends of mine which are spam gets blocked. Period.

Solution is coming with 2.5.0 in a form of keeping evidence of
another contents category: blocking ccat. It is a ccat which is
responsible for why a message was blocked (per recipient).
In most situations it is the same as the main contents category
(the highest ranking), but in situations like yours the main
category stays 'banned', but a blocking ccat would be 'spam'.
Most decisions will be based on this blocking ccat, like
choosing notification templates, main log entry, quarantining
settings, ...

I have it already running. The plan is to release 2.4.5 and 2.5.0
in rapid succession, the 2.5.0 will bring this new feature,
and a more informative nanny, both of which required some
internal non-compatible changes, which is why I'm bumping up
a version number. Watch this space...

> Or do I miss something? What if I put PASS as the final destiny of banned
> content? Is the banned content checked against SA *and* defanged (in this
> order) before delivery?

Defanging already works as expected (even in 2.4.4): for any
ccat that requires defanging it is triggered, and a corresponding
warning attached. Regardless of main contents category
(and banning ccat).