From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Giampaolo,
>
> > Nonono. I don't want banned messages which are also spam. Messages from
> > friends of mine which are spam gets blocked. Period.
>
> Solution is coming with 2.5.0 in a form of keeping evidence of
> another contents category: blocking ccat. It is a ccat which is
> responsible for why a message was blocked (per recipient).
> In most situations it is the same as the main contents category
> (the highest ranking), but in situations like yours the main
> category stays 'banned', but a blocking ccat would be 'spam'.
> Most decisions will be based on this blocking ccat, like
> choosing notification templates, main log entry, quarantining
> settings, ...
>
> I have it already running. The plan is to release 2.4.5 and 2.5.0
> in rapid succession, the 2.5.0 will bring this new feature,
> and a more informative nanny, both of which required some
> internal non-compatible changes, which is why I'm bumping up
> a version number. Watch this space...

Looks very good.

> > Or do I miss something? What if I put PASS as the final destiny
> of banned
> > content? Is the banned content checked against SA *and*
> defanged (in this
> > order) before delivery?
>
> Defanging already works as expected (even in 2.4.4): for any
> ccat that requires defanging it is triggered, and a corresponding
> warning attached. Regardless of main contents category
> (and banning ccat).

I was simplifing a bit my setup. In effect, in my systems low-score spam gets
marked (SPAM?), then, above a spam score threshold, delivered to a specific
folder in the user mailbox. You said defanging already workds. My setup
specifies defanging for banned content. So, instead of using banned_file_lover
setting, I should put D_PASS in the banned ccat and I would get banneds
defanged AND delivered to the the folder in the user mailbox they belong
according to their spam score, right?

Thanks,

Giampaolo