On Fri, February 2, 2007 8:50 am, Larry Ludwig wrote:
> Hi,

  Hi Larry,  I noticed we had the same problem about a month ago.  We get lots
of email from hotmail, et al, so here's how I got around it for everyone at
once.

   I used postfix and amavis (2.4.3) policy banks to accomplish this.  You can
catch most of the problematic email by telling postfix to send any email
from hotmail's ip range to a unique amavisd-new port, which bypasses header
checks only.

In /etc/postfix/main.cf:
  smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
  check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/amavis_bypass,

In /etc/postfix/amavis_bypass:
  # hotmail (bad headers)
65.54.246                FILTER  smtp-amavis:[127.0.0.1]:10027

Be sure to execute 'postmap /etc/postfix/amavis_bypass'

# Added to /etc/amavisd.conf (I'm running amavisd-new 2.4.3):
# Added port 10027 for bypassing header checks
$inet_socket_port = [10024, 10026, 10027];

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------\
# Bypass header-checks based on /etc/postfix/amavis_bypass
#

$interface_policy{'10027'} = 'NOHEADER';

$policy_bank{'NOHEADER'} = {  # those configured to send mail to port 10027
   bypass_header_checks_maps => [1],  # don't header-check this mail
};

This allows mail coming from hotmail's ip range to bypass header checks only
(not virus scanning).  It has worked well for me, and I haven't seen any
noticeable increase in spam because of it.

Just my $.02

Mike