At 06:29 PM 6/15/2007, Michael Scheidell wrote:
>Noel Jones wrote:
>>Eh???  Sure enough, file(1) reports all .doc files I tested (even
>>without embedded stuff) as "Microsoft Installer".
>for me, I see all doc files as... well, doc files.  (these are the
>two test cases I linked to earlier)
>Noel:  can you check these two files?
>is this REALLY a word document? (the original WAS a real word
>document), with an embedded 'package'.
>
>file -i Proforma_Invoice.doc
>Proforma_Invoice.doc: application/msword

IIRC, amavisd-new does not use the -i flag on file(1).  I believe it
calls file with no flags and parses the returned text.

# file *doc
this is a openvpn gui.doc: Microsoft Installer

# file -i *doc
this is a openvpn gui.doc: application/msword

Apply my little patch to sbin/amavisd and try again...  That was what
fixed it for me.

--
Noel Jones