On 8/8/07, Alexander Straschil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> The realy thing why I want to do that (and which I forgot to write in my
> first Posting) ist, that I don't want to give my user running the apache
> webserver access to the /tmp directory. So, maybe creating a new group
> called tmp having everybody but my webserver user and giving /tmp
> a group-ownership to the tmp group and permissions of 1775 would be a
> better Solution?

Unless you've *really* broken your apache setup then nobody accessing
the web server should be able to access files in /tmp.  Or are you
worried that somebody may be able to subvert apache?  If that's the
case then you've bigger worries than /tmp!

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor