On 8/9/07, Bartłomiej Rutkowski wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get Dspam working along with existing setup (fresh amavisd-new
> and sa installation) and I am little confused about it.
>
> First of all, why it is so badly, or not at all documented? Is it anything
> wrong in using this feature? How can I know, how does amavisd really uses
> dspam while $dspam is defined? How does (and if it does it) amavisd train it?
> What has the precedence in decision of being or not being spam - dspam or sa?
> What is the mode in which amavisd uses Dspam? The per user mode, or some
> global one?
>
> Also, why there is no Dspam related tags in message headers? Does amavisd
> removes them? I have found run_command for dspam in amavisd perl code, and
> it does use --enable-signature-headers, but Dspam 3.8 does not have such
> switch, or the man page does not says anything like that. I`ve tried to
> comment
> it out, but that doesent matter, there are no tags in messages.
>
> I would be very thankful for giving me answers for all or any of these. I am
> keen to write all that knowledge of amavisd-new and Dspam in a form of howto,
> but first I need to get know whats going on here ;)
>
> Kind regards,
> Bartek Rutkowski

This may be of use (but it is a bit dated):
http://marc.info/?l=amavis-user&m=115948403828064

One of the links on that page uses:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'dspam'@'localhost' ...
which should read more like:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON dspam.* TO 'dspam'@'localhost' ...

Can't tell you what the deal is with no headers. I have not played
with dspam in almost 2 years now.