Thank you for the detailed response, Gary.  Now I get it ;-)

Although this makes the current database editing tool (squirrelmail
amavis+sql plugin) totally inadequate for managing the system.  I've got
to come up with something better...

--
Jo Rhett
Net Consonance ... net philanthropy, open source and other randomness