Zivago,

> > > recipient_delimiter = +
> > > $recipient_delimiter = '+';

> Thanks for the suggestion.  I think this is a pretty decent workaround
> and should work for this small setup.  What would be even cooler would
> for amavisd to have an option to read Postfix's virtual table.  Not sure
> if it's a lot of work or overhead for amavisd, however.

There are some examples in
  http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/amavisd-new-magdeburg-20050519.pdf
(pages 82, 83, 84), but is not terribly useful, mainly because
the semantics of Postfix tables is somewhat different.

Also, if you avoid continuation lines in Postfix text file (which
is converted to a database by postmap), and avoid multiple addresses
on the righthand side, then the same text file can be read by
amavisd routine read_hash(), which can be called from a config file.
Again, only rarely useful.

> I wonder if I'm the only person having this issue?  How does everyone
> else handle their email when they have multiple aliases?  I figure a lot
> of folks have many aliases for their email address...

Having multi-recipient mailboxes is asking for trouble.

If these are not really different users, but are different personalities
of you, one common way to offer dedicated addresses to different audiences
(like a different mailing address for each mailing list one is
subscribed to), is to use address extensions, e.g. I subscribe to
amavis ML as [EMAIL PROTECTED], to Postfix ML as [EMAIL PROTECTED],
etc.  Then Postfix and amavisd lookups are able to specify settings
for a general mailbox name, or for a specific subaddress.