At 03:44 PM 10/9/2007, Ricardo Stella wrote:

>We are currently testing (not my choice) a hosted anti-spam server,
>primarily to get rid of the bulk of spam.  So our domain MX records
>point to their servers, and they deliver lower level junk to us.
>
>Trying to gray and whitelist some senders, it seems that my local.cf is
>being ignored.  Amavisd config is pretty standard and I'm still using a
>dual-sendmail setup.  A particular sender does not have an envelope
>sender, so I've been trying to use whitelist_from_received in local.cf
>But the messages are not being 'whitelisted' and get a standard score.
>
>Testing the message with spamassasin -D < test.msg gives correctly adds
>-100 to the score, but if I test the message via amavis, it doesn't.
>The 'apparent' difference is that in the addresses I have listed in
>trusted_networks and internal_networks correctly show as such in the
>debug when done via sa command line, but does not (trusted? no internal?
>no) when I run amavisd debug-sa.
>
>on local.cf I have
>
>clear_trusted_networks
>trusted_networks 127.0.0.1
>trusted_networks xx.xx.xx.xx
>clear_internal_networks
>internal_networks xx.xx.xx.xx # this is the hosted solution's ip address
>that sends us mail
>whitelist_from_rcvd [EMAIL PROTECTED] ourdomain.edu

Does the amavis user (meaning whatever user ID amavisd is configured
to run as) have permission to read this local.cf and whatever
directory it's in?   Did you test spamassassin when running as the
amavis user?  Is this the "global" local.cf (usually
/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf) or in some user directory?  Also see:
http://www.ijs.si/software/amavisd/#faq-spam

>Do I need to add this address(es) to mynetworks in amavisd ?

No, that isn't the problem.

--
Noel Jones