On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 09:32:11AM -0500, Noel Jones wrote:
> At 06:43 PM 10/9/2007, Jo Rhett wrote:
> >Richard, now that you are using their spam prevention you need to
> >stop doing your own.  If you reject mail they will send it back to
> >the forged sender and you'll be blacklisted for backscatter.
> >
> >You can't do multi-level spam protection.  It doesn't work.
>
> I agree that this is too late to reject unwanted mail.
>
> It is acceptable to do multi-level scanning if the result is to
> tag/quarantine/discard the mail.  The situation is not much different
> than the usual post-queue content filtering.

  What he said.  Just don't reject it, causing bounces, and it's fine.

  (Besides, many of the best rejection techniques like DNSBLs, HELO
checks, and greylisting are already useless once it's coming in from
another trusted server.)
  -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  [EMAIL PROTECTED] / [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       President  - I and I Computing * http://www.iandicomputing.com/