Hi!

Javier schrieb:

> this is my first post so please be gentle, my boss bough a nice lotus
>  solution, but then he realized that he hadn't bought any anti virus
> for the smtp, so my questions is...
>
> is it possible and safe to get together amavis with lotus 7.0.2?
You know, that AMaViSd itself is _not_ a virus scanner?
So maybe you want to buy a commercial virus scanner. If so, buy one whos
license allows you to use it in Domino and "outside".

> the smtp and the lotus are different servers (both on sles sp3)
If you put amavisd in postfix on smtp-sles no internal Mails from one
user to another - which stay an the Domino server - will be scanned. If
you can live with that - do so. If not, see above.

Group securiq.watchdog does a job "like" amavisd for Domino. It is a
middleware between mta and scanner. But it is not free. There may be
others too.

Hans