Josh,

> I'm trying to set up a policy that doesn't check for spam; that passes
> through all uninfected email. I thought I just set spam_lover and
> bypass_spam_checks (in case of multiple recipients) and poof, magic, it
> would work, but no dice.

It should work as you describe.

Note that quarantining has its independent controls. Quarantining does not
prevent mail forwarding, nor does passing mail disable quarantine.
You may want to disable spam quarantine for recipients that are also
spam lovers.

> It seems that if kill_level is set it will still block messages that hit
> that number.

It shouldn't. What does your log say? Does it say "Blocked" ?

> Is this normal behavior?

No.

> I understand that, with multiple
> recipients, spam scanning will still happen, but I thought it ignored the
> result for users with bypass_spam_checks set (they are all set to 'Y' in my
> database). Is this a bug or do I also need to wipe out the kill_level
> setting in addition to the other two settings?

Check your logs to see what is going on.
*_lovers and bypass* should behave as true per-recipient controls.