>> But, when I not use SQL for quarantine I have not set no one of the
>> variable above as well

I have not set the variables *_to explicitily.

>> and filtering works. Why?
>>

> Define what you mean by filtering. Do you mean malware is sent to
> quarantine?

Exactly. Maybe I have used the incorrect term. But, when I use SQL I see
in amavisd.log only 'Passed CLEAN' entry, while when I disable it, then I
saw also 'Blocked SPAM', 'Blocked INFECTED' and so on.. entries.

> The default for those settings is to quarantine _to local
> files. If using SQL, those defaults are also fine. SQL won't
> quarantine to files once you turn it on however, it should quarantine
> to the SQL database, provided the method is correctly set.

So, when I enable SQL, leaving policy table empty, is the same of 'unset'
*_to variables. But how do you justify that all log entry are 'Passed
CLEAN' when I enable SQL?

> What is your $sa_kill_level_deflt set to?
$sa_tag_level_deflt  = 2.0;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that
level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.31; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.31; # triggers spam evasive actions
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 9;   # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent

> How are you testing?

On a SMTP gateway server that manage a significative flow of emails.

> Sometimes you might be sending test messages from inside your network
> (or from an authenticated user) and end up allowing them to pass due
> to a policy bank, or other bypass mechanism. Send a test spam from
> outside your network.

I have done.

rocsca