My setup, like your, put spam in the mailbox junk folder.

However, in order to avoid any possible problem which may arise from
customers opening virued mail, viruses get in the quarantine and stay there,
unless someone really wants that. The problems I'm talking about are not
only the trivial ones (the customer's computer get infected), but also the
"look" ones which may arise if the antivirus screams at the customer site
("Hey, my antivirus says there is a threat on my mailbox. Are your services
really safe?").

There is also another use I do of quarantine. I let spam and viruses get
there, then I quick-report to SpamCop all the viruses I get and all the spam
scoring above a threshold (which is enough high: I had no FPs in months). I
don't report to razor, pyzor and dcc, however, since their policies doesn't
allow to automatically report mail, unless through a spamtrap. Sometimes I
do even get some positive replies from ISPs telling they shut the sending
account...

Giampaolo