On 30.01.2008 01:42, Jo Rhett wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2008, at 2:26 PM, Dave McGuire wrote:
>> Because 99% of the time, end-users are complete morons who couldn't
>> find their own butts with both hands, a funnel, and a roadmap.  The
>> vast majority of them can't handle sorting based on tagging criteria.
>
> This is why I am curious.  Trying to get users to log into a
> different system to check the quarantine has never yielded good
> results in my mind.  Sorting it into a folder they can check on their
> mail client of choice always seems to work, they understand it, etc.
>
> That's why I question the value of server-side quarantine.

Same experience here.  Quarantine at the server side resulted in too
many support calls and did not really work.  Too complicated for my
client base.  We just tag and deliver now and let the user decide what
to do - with a web site that explains how to sort spam into the Junk folder.

But somebody might find it useful.  It just does not work for my case.

--
Eray