I've run into a problem lately.  I have a ton of spam coming in that is
being scored quite highly and properly, but they tried to hide their spam
message inside a zip file.  It's not actually a virus, so the zip doesn't
get hit by ClamAV.  The problem is that Banned status seems to be higher
priority than Spam, and we generate a warning message to a user if they
get a banned file (whereas spam is quarantined with no message and Viruses
are just discarded with no notification).

So, this stuff is all getting blocked but the zip files within are
generating a ton of banned file notifications to my users.  Is there any
easy way to solve this? I notice that the Spam score is still calculated
even for Banned notifications - perhaps there could be a threshold where
if a message with a Banned file type has a certain Spam score it will
discard it and not send a notification?

Thanks.

Mike Gaskins