>> Hmm, this says the score is zero, which indicates to me that that
>> message was scanned (by what? - nothing? I dunno). How did you
>> "disable" spam scanning? To disable spam scanning try:
>
> @bypass_spam_checks_maps  = (1);
>
> You may also desire:
> @bypass_virus_checks_maps = (1);
> @bypass_banned_checks_maps = (1);
> @bypass_header_checks_maps = (1);

Yes, this is the method I used to disable the various scanners.  I did
not have bypass_header_checks_maps set earlier, but I've set it now and
still see the following when I send a test message without a valid Date
field:

Shouldn't that also disappear if I truly have header tests disabled?
This is a side issue, of course, but it is curious.

> Also, if you want to keep existing headers, add:
> $remove_existing_spam_headers  = 0;

Ah, that was part of what I was looking for.  Thanks!

> X-Spam headers are only inserted if the domain is considered local. If
> it makes no difference, try:
>
> @local_domains_maps = ( [''] );
>
> but it may not matter if spam and virus scanning are disabled.

I had tried "@local_domains_maps = ();" without luck.  Alas, your
suggestion also does not appear to have worked.

By the way, I'm running 2.6.0-rc1, not -pre1 as stated earlier.

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive
this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the
message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected.
After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in
correcting this error is appreciated.