> I had tried "@local_domains_maps = ();" without luck.  Alas, your
> suggestion also does not appear to have worked.
>
> By the way, I'm running 2.6.0-rc1, not -pre1 as stated earlier.

Ah, found it.  The policy defined in the sql policy table for the
servers in the DMZ was overriding the settings in the config file for
the internal 'dummy' amavisd.  I should be able to get around that by
setting @lookup_sql_dsn to undef and leaving @storage_sql_dsn set.

Thanks for the help!  $remove_existing_spam_headers answered the other
half of the issue, as well.

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive
this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the
message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected.
After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your assistance in
correcting this error is appreciated.