>On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 02:36:36PM -0500, Len Conrad wrote:
> > >We're trying to replace a Windows anti-spam on the mailbox servers
> > >with amavisd/sa/clam on the front-end mx.
> > >
> > >We are running in tandem both now in the amavis/sa/clam testing phase.
> > >
> > >The backend mail content-scanner is still catching too many true
> > >spams that get past amavis.
> > >
> > >We uploaded the spams caught by backend to the mx and ran them
> > >through spamc, with these results:
> >
> > here's an example of a true positive msg caught by the backed after
> > amavis passed is as clean:
> >
> > "spamc -c" says against the DATA body checks out as:
> >
> > 70537530.eml 10.3/5.0
> >

> > but in the 70537530.eml file:

> >          BAYES_50=0.001, HABEAS_ACCREDITED_SOI=-4.3,
> HTML_IMAGE_RATIO_04=0.172,
> >          HTML_MESSAGE=0.001, MIME_HTML_ONLY=1.457, URIBL_BLACK=1.955]
> >
> > so amavis correctly decided "Passed CLEAN" for -2.27, but the 12+
> > discrepancy between spamc and amavis scores"
>
>   Are you running spamc as the same user amavisd runs as?

good point, was su'd to root

>   If not - and
>I suspect you're not - different per-user SA settings may be the source
>of these differences.  What score do you get when you run spamc on that
>same file as the amavis user?

I changed the file to vscan:vscan, su'd to vscan and command line
spamassassin  returned:

spamc -c running as vscan returns:

$ spamc -c < /home/harry/declude/20080729/70537530.eml
10.2/5.0

>   The other problem I see there, very likely related, is that it
>appears you've let amavisd run with Bayes and auto-whitelisting but
>without any feedback of spam/nonspam, and so it's autowhitelisting
>things it shouldn't and probably also has a polluted Bayes DB - note
>that "AWL=-1.556" indicating that spam had been whitelisted.

we have local.cf with bayes_auto_learn 1, but I can' see we have
auto-whitelisting configged anywhere.

thanks
Len