Cory Hawkless wrote:
> I did have to kill amavis 'unleanly' the other day which could explain it.
> Does this mean that these emails did not get sent?
> I would have thought there would be some type of cleanup agent that checks
> for these type of issues? Is there anything I can turn on or use to stop
> this from happening(Whils I don't expect it to be a regular thing it would
> be nice to know it cant happen)

We have /var/amavis/tmp mounted in RAM, so I don't like to leave those
directories laying around for too long. I run a cron job every night to
clean up. You should be frightened by "rm -rf" in cron jobs, but this
can be run as your amavis user.

#!/bin/bash

# /var/amavis/tmp is mounted in RAM. Amavis/ClamAV sometimes leaves

# files in this directory, but our RAM is super important and we want

# to make sure that no space is wasted.

# In particular, these two are left when Amavis or ClamAV shuts down

# uncleanly. I do them individually because I like to be kind of

# careful when I'm rm -rf'ing.

find /var/amavis/tmp/ -mtime +7        \
                       -name 'amavis-*' \
                       -type d          \
                       | xargs rm -rf   \
                       2>/dev/null

find /var/amavis/tmp/ -mtime +7        \
                       -name 'clamav-*' \
                       | xargs rm -rf   \
                       2>/dev/null

# This command removes any quarantined spam older than 7 days.

find /var/amavis/quarantine/spam/ -mtime +7    \
                                   -type f      \
                                   -name '*.gz' \
                                   | xargs rm   \
                                   2>/dev/null

# And quarantined viruses older than 30 days.

find /var/amavis/quarantine/virus/ -mtime +30 \
                                    -type f    \
                                    | xargs rm \
                                    2>/dev/null