I saw a suggestion from Matt Reimer back in April regarding ditching db41
for db42 to resolve a strange performance issue with Amavisd on FreeBSD 8.

Yeah. That was it. I ditched db41 for db42 and wow what a difference.

That box is now doing over 16k messages per hour (was maxing around 6k
before), has no problem with 25 max_servers (several of those sit idle so
I wonder just how high I could push the messages per hour if I configured
the load balancing to send that much of a load to this box)....AND this is
while I'm doing a make buildworld. Nice.

InMsgs                                2044  16774/h   100.0 % (InMsgs)

TimeElapsedDecoding                    412 s      0.196 s/msg (InMsgs)
TimeElapsedPenPals                      28 s      0.013 s/msg (InMsgs)
TimeElapsedReceiving                   378 s      0.180 s/msg (InMsgs)
TimeElapsedSending                     146 s      0.069 s/msg (InMsgs)
TimeElapsedSpamCheck                  4372 s      2.079 s/msg (InMsgs)
TimeElapsedTotal                      6815 s      3.241 s/msg (InMsgs)
TimeElapsedVirusCheck                  690 s      0.328 s/msg (InMsgs)

Matt Reimer you rock.

Marc, perhaps this needs to be mentioned in the release notes or
something? It definitely solved a huge problem that I've been chasing all
day now.

Thanks,
Andy

---