Hi Duke,

I have minimum price and volume to avoid penny stocks and
nobody-is-caring stocks...that's about it.

It could be that the way I designed my system might be picking
small-cap stocks over large ones more often, though.  It is a long
system which tries to pick up in a dip.

intermilan04

--- In amibroker@yahoogroups.com, "Lists" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I will second Dingo's comments about sample size. However, the other
factors to consider (aong many) are what I call sample "segments." For
example if you have a size bias built into your screening process
there will be times when your system will produce above/below average
returns relative to longer historical averages. An example of that is
a system who results have been focused in the small cap space. We have
had 6+ straight years of small cap out-performance - a period that
coincides with your backtest period ( the last period was 1976-1982.)
You have now perhaps a transitory period where both volatility and
rotation is affecting your current results.

> Just something to ponder....
>
> Regards,
>
> Duke Jones, CMT

SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com