I'd like to expand a little bit on this.

While what Tomasz has said is definitely correct, even when using a position
size of 1 unit and large intitial equity, with many trades, there's always the
- admittedly most often theoretical - danger that some trades are skipped
because of insufficient funds. As I said, in the absolute majority of cases,
this won't happen. But the problem is that you never can be 100% sure if your
results are incorrect because of some skipped trades. Knowing that this just
cannot happen because of the algorithm used gives peace of mind. Additionally,
it might be slightly cumbersome on a daily basis to always adjust initial
equity when doing such tests. A simple mouseclick or - even better - AFL line
for non-portfolio testing would be easier and one could be absolutely sure that
no trades are skipped and results are as intended.