I hope many of you can attend Hamvention 2003 at the Hara Arena, Dayton,
Ohio, May 16-18.

The AM Forum will be Friday May 16, at 10:45-12:15 in Meeting Room #4.  See
the forum agenda below.

AM ops (and families) will be meeting for dinner at 7:00 pm Saturday evening
May 17 at Marion's Pizza. Bring "show and tell" pictures parts, artifacts,
etc. to stimulate the conversation.  Directions to the Marion's will be
available at the forum or stop by the KW1I outdoor exhibit space #2725.

See you there,

Dale,

KW1I

Amplitude Modulation Forum

Topics:

1.  AM International Update - Current Issues and Operating Events

2.  Class "E" Transmitters for Amateur AM - Attend this forum to find out
about the new high power, high efficiency, solid state home brew
transmitters that are appearing on 160, 75 and 40 meters.  They use
inexpensive devices in the RF amplifier and modulator and are built using
standard construction practices.  Because the modulators are direct coupled,
broadcast quality audio is achieved at low cost and weight.   The
presentation will include images of Class E transmitter construction project
and actual units will be on display.    Speaker: Steve Cloutier, WA1QIX