> By the Way, just how many DB down from 1500 Watts do they want
> the unwanted sideband energy?

30 to 60db down from the fundamental.  At least what's what the spurs have
to be reduced by.  I just read that in the RFI section on the Awful Racket
Raising
League's website.  (www.arrl.net)

> There is no such thing as "no energy" in
> any spectrum!  I remember when Otis K5SWK was tuning an antenna using a
> grid dip meter and accidentally left it on.  It caused complaints later
> in the night when the 75 meter band opened up, from some fellows in
> another state.  That had to be less than 1 watt.  I have never seen one
> capable of even putting a glimmer on a #47 bulb.

  • ... Jeff Edmonson
    • ... W4AWM
      • ... Mike Cowart
        • ... B. Morgan Sherrod
          • ... Jeff Edmonson
        • ... Charles Ring
          • ... Vince Werber, North Star Productions RR 2 Box 283 Pittston. Maine 04345-9414
            • ... Bob Bruhns
    • ... Donald Chester
    • ... John Coleman
      • ... Geoff/W5OMR