-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Geoff/W5OMR
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 9:29 PM
To: amradio@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Bandwidth

> By the Way, just how many DB down from 1500 Watts do they want
> the unwanted sideband energy?

30 to 60db down from the fundamental.  At least what's what the spurs
have
to be reduced by.  I just read that in the RFI section on the Awful
Racket
Raising
League's website.  (www.arrl.net)

> There is no such thing as "no energy" in
> any spectrum!  I remember when Otis K5SWK was tuning an antenna using
> grid dip meter and accidentally left it on.  It caused complaints
later
> in the night when the 75 meter band opened up, from some fellows in
> another state.  That had to be less than 1 watt.  I have never seen
one
> capable of even putting a glimmer on a #47 bulb.

  • ... W4AWM
    • ... Mike Cowart
      • ... B. Morgan Sherrod
        • ... Jeff Edmonson
      • ... Charles Ring
        • ... Vince Werber, North Star Productions RR 2 Box 283 Pittston. Maine 04345-9414
          • ... Bob Bruhns
  • ... Donald Chester
  • ... John Coleman
    • ... Geoff/W5OMR