Tony
well, I just looked in the notes on that valiant and what I installed
were the large  6KV mica transmitting caps. I had to locate them whereever
I could find room for them and route them to the switch. You'll have to do
the same.

Beware of putting 2KV, 2.5KV or 3KV mica's in there. I have blown a few of
them in valiants. the 6KV will hand in there no matter what. In my rig, the
330pf SET had blown.. visible carbon burns on them and etc.. I changed it out
with a 330pf 2.5KV mica and it lasted about a week. I changed it out with a
330pf set and it acted better but still somewhat squirrelly in its tuning on
75M. After closer inspection it was found that the 150pf set were carbon
tracked too but on the BACKSIDE where you would not see it if you did not
physically move the caps over so you could look LOL

changed that set out, also with a 6KV mica and she has performed beautifully
every since.

Ronnie

On Sat, 11 Oct 2003 22:41:09 -0400, Anthony W. DePrato wrote