Well, now...

Since everyone is focused on the topic of Desk KWs, use, construction, value (perceived or otherwise), it seems like a good time for me to put out a plea for some needed parts for same. Currently in the process of a BC transmitter project, but hoping to get back to this one soon.

I'm looking for the wooden frame with the side locking pin assembly for the top panel. This piece sits atop the faceplace under the lid held in place by a couple of brass clips (IIRC), and supports the metal lid when it is placed over the top during times of inactivity. It also holds the same lid into place with a clever spring system in the side of the pedestal and the pin in the frame, so you can stow the lid while using the rig. I inherited this unit from the estate of W1MMV somewhat incomplete and partially disassembled back in '94 and would love to get it back on the air. It's also missing the HV wires and caps for the 810 modulators and the relay from atop the transformer. Other than that, it seems to be complete. Willing to pay cash or trade items needed in exchange (if I have what you need). I do recall getting at least one spare original manual with it, maybe 2. Also a pair of the round meters I got from Ron Skipper at the Milton hamfest some years back.

So....any parts units out there? Probably like asking if there are any KW-1 or 30K donors, right? Never hurts to try....or hope!

Tnx es 73

de Todd/'Boomer'   KA1KAQ