Thordarson used some type of push pins, they came with the iron.

I had a BIG mod transformer, the T-11m78 that had screw terminals,
I used it in the 30K-1, and it went with it when I sold it.
I have the same transformer with the push pins, its
much smaller, has rounded sides, push pins on the side.
Must have been a change, the older ones having the terminals?

The T-11M78 worked very well in the 30K-1, at 2500 volts.
Sounded quite good to me.

I have not looked at it, but its likely possible to change out
the push pins, by replacing the entire insulators, or adding
a screw through each push pin with nuts, lock washers, etc.

I have some of the push pins, but you need quite a few in
some configurations, my pair of 4D32 transmitter will be low
impedance, and need to parallel up both the primary and secondary,
lots of push pins!

The new project (4D32 rig) has changed from a transceiver to the
worlds largest and most complex 200 watt AM transmitter,
with separate decks for rf, rf control, modulator, power
supplies (one for modulator, one for RF, with variac),
and eventually, a home brew VFO/exciter.

The thordarson mod transformer will go into it.

I will need to experiment with it, the 4D32 tubes can
run with higher voltages, 1000 volts I have been told.
At 600/700 volts, the power output should be 200 watts,
who knows with 1000 volts on the plates.

Ray tells me the article on the second home brew receiver
will start in the January issue of Electric Radio.

Brett
N2DTS