Something puzzles me, though - in the listing information it says "Features Thordarson Switchboard Plug-in Terminal Board for quick and accurate matching of tube loads". Now, I noticed that the terminals didn't have a typical threaded screw hole or post like most others, but I have no idea what kind of 'plug-in' plugs it uses. Is there anyone out there who could shed some light on this matter for me?

They take a smooth pin, similar to the filament pin on a 4-pin tube socket. I don't think standard size banana plugs work. Special plugs came with the transformers. Lacking the plugs, try various sizes of large gauge copper wire, or small diameter brass rod stock from the hardware store. You might even experiment with pins removed from (defunct) tubes if you have any lying around. The pin should plug in with a snug fit, but not be forced in. Once you figure out the optimum size, it shouldn't be difficult to come up with something to make a set of homebrew plugs.

Don K4KYV

Tired of slow downloads? Compare online deals from your local high-speed providers now. https://broadband.msn.com