The check will not be good

Donald Chester <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Has anyone heard of a scam where a person supposedily
has a check from
>someone in the States that owes him money and he
wants you to cash this
>check and take out the money for the radio. You then
send him the
>differerence to him. Sounds like a scam to me.

No way! I'd let him cash his own check and send me the
money for the radio.

I have heard of a similar scam where they send you a
check for over the
amount. They request you to refund the extra when you
send the radio.
Turns out the check is worthless, and you lose the
radio and the mone.

What if you just cashed the check and made sure it
cleared his bank before
sending the radio, and if the check was good, charge
him the difference for
services redered (cashing his check for him).

Don K4KYV