That's odd, I thought the Chairman and three of the five commissioners were appointed by Bush.

Does it really make any difference? I recall the days when the FCC was releasing anti-AM rulemaking dockets almost monthly during the 70's and 80's, that the same old crap persisted through the Nixon, Ford, Carter and Reagan administrations. If the AM community had not been so persistent, the mode would have been outlawed out of existence 20 years ago. The political administration seemed to have no effect whatever; the FCC had its own agenda.

And I think Powell is the most dangerous FCC chairman yet.