Quote - "other than common sense,  you can be a gentleman without
requiring rules."
Unfortunately, the FCC rules and regulations are vague on the definition
of "common sense". In the typical underworld swill of evenings on 75,
only stiff enforcement of rules and regulations for all amateurs will
make a difference.

Quote - "Many rigs used have no VFOs so the AM Window  is not imaginary
at all,  it's rather a necessity to some and very much respected by
others."
This is somewhat analogous to the statement that I've heard several times
on the air,  "my antenna is only cut for 3885".

Quote - "...to have a one to one contact but if this were the case then
3880-3890 will only have 6 AM Stations on it at a time."
You hit the nail on the head. So I guess, unless I want to break into a
one-on-one discussion, even through I may have no interest in what the
discussion is about, I should shut down the rig and go and do something
else. Unfortunately, my perception of many "AM Windowers" is like timid
sheep in a pen with no gate.

Pete, wa2cwa