When I run the pair of 813 rig, its doing 600 watts carrier out,
and I limit my negative modulation to about 90%

I used to run it to over 2000 watts pep, 2500 judging by how
hard the watt meter pinned.
That was when I used negative cycle loading, which did not work
fast enough to prevent splatter as I found out.

Now days I think the pep gets up to about 1700.
My voice does not show a lot of asymmetrical waveform on any transmitter,
although it used to go higher before I got the berringer and new microphone.

Figuring in the old uncalibrated swan wattmeter, some swr, maybe I am even
legal.
Since the FCC changed it to a pep reading, all you got to do is get a stingy
pep meter as far as I figure.

Maybe run the carrier to 1500 watts and have a broken pep section
on the watt meter?

Could anyone tell the difference between 1500 watts pep, and 2000 watts pep
at some distant location?
My 80 meter antenna is somewhat crappy anyway, and someone running
1000 watts pep with a better antenna could sound a lot louder than me...

Maybe it should be effective radiated power, in that case I am
way legal.

Brett
N2DTS