I am curious if anyone is using a pre-WW2 version of the HT-4. What kind of crystal holder did it use? Was it identical to the one in the wartime BC-610?

Donald:

My HT4-B was made in 1938, and uses the same TU's (and crystals) that the BC-610 uses.

While we are on off-beat questions regarding the HT4/BC-610. I have one:

The HT4-B has a four-prong "banana" socket at the very back and left of the RF section. By examining the wiring, it's obviously there to plug a padder-cap into for LF operation.

Does the BC-610 have this socket, as well?

And, has anyone ever seen, or own, one of these padder-caps?

73, Barrie, W7ALW