Thats poppycock. Everyone knows if you reduce the output filtering, and use an all band, coax fed, off-center Windom it will be possible to transmit multi-band. If you have a 5 bands off the radiator that would, effectively, give you 150% efficiency. 5 bands x 30% = 150%. Think of the possibilities. Now who of then experts would dare say, "Theres no free lunch". The numbers dont lie.

Brian Carling wrote:
I bet you a BC610 will out-peg a DX100 any day!
Don't care what the numbers say...

Grin!

That 12AX7 linear amplifier sounds like more of a FUN project than a useful station accessory! Just WAIT until the experts start telling you it can't be done, you will only get 30% efficiency and all that jazz! LOL.

73 de AF4K, Bry