Never measured the screen current, Dennis, it may well be exceeding the dissipating ratings. That said, I've never had to replace any of the 807's, they're still cranking (in one case after ~10 years of intemittant use), and this is not too much different from where Fender used to run 6L6GC screens in some of their guitar amps. (the 6L6 family is nearly identical electrically to the 807/1625). And in the transmitters I've done this to there's no screen or plate volts on the 807s during standby.
73,
-Larry/NE1S

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
(1) Change screen grid voltage to ~450V,

Wow, that's pretty hot for an 807. What kind of screen dissapation numbers are you seeing with this?