From: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I'm somewhat intrigued with converting a CB radio to 10 meters from the pure
technical perspective, but the typical 4 watts AM power leaves a LOT to be
desired. Am I missing something here? I have a Radio Shack HTX-10 that does
7 watts AM but is more respectable on FM and SSB at 25 watts.

I have one of those too, but have probably used it a dozen times in the past 5 years or so. When on 10m I much prefer my Eico 720 with modified 730 modulator, with the rig excited by a 40m DDS VFO. Sounds much better and puts out a bigger signal.

The 7 watts on AM wouldn't be bad when 10m is open. But the thing has terrible audio. I looked at the schematic and couldn't figure out how to modify the audio so it wouldn't be so tin-can sounding. Has anyone else figured out how to do this?

Of course you could always run a "leenyar" to boost the power.

Don k4kyv

This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout. Try it - you'll like it.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/
http://gigliwood.com/abcd/