Actually the dielectric losses don't have much effect until high vhf and
into UHF. Changing the dielectric material in coax from a solid to air
dielectric where there is very little dielectric material, makes no
significant difference in loss at HF.

But the reason the loss goes down with air dielectric is because the center
conductor is made larger and has less resistance loss.
The center conductor has to be made larger to maintain the same impedance
line.

I think I read somewhere that the open wire line with the holes punched in
the dielectric was no better as far as loss goes than if the holes were not
there. But punching the holes allows for a little higher impedance line by
lowering the capacitance so that lowers the loss. But the presence of less
dielectric material itself had no effect on loss.

Real open wire line will usually have less loss than the TV style line with
the solid or punched dielectric between the wires because real open wire
line will have a higher impedance than the other stuff.

Usually the TV style line even if advertised as 600 ohm line is lower
impedance. The punched hole stuff I think is advertised as 450 ohm line but
turns out to be lower than that.

73
Gary  K4FMX