Check at the center tap of the mod driver transformer with your scope and
see if you see anything there. Could be a bad or missing bypass cap there.
You could be driving the modulators into too much grid current and causing
the bias to shift around.

Check the jumpers on the plug in the back to be sure that the proper taps on
the mod transformer are selected.

Check the clamp tube circuit. Could be holding the screen slightly low on
the 6146 and clipping the modulation peaks to the screen.

Check modulator screen voltage.

73
Gary  K4FMX